forum logo image
caferacer-forum.de - Das Forum für Petrolheads, Garagenschrauber, Ölfinger, Frickelracer und Alteisentreiber

Royal Enfield» Sixty 5- Cafe Racer

Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte folgende Punkte, wenn Du Dein Projekt bei uns vorstellen möchtest.

1. Bitte wähle die Kategorie mit Bedacht.
    Solltest Du Dir nicht sicher sein, dann prüfe anhand der Stilbeschreibungen unter der entsprechen Kategorie, welchem Stil Dein Motorrad am ehesten entspricht oder kontaktiere einen Moderator/Administrator.
  2. Gestalte Dein Thema interessant und mit Bildern. Interessante Themen finden mehr Beachtung und Du bekommst umfangreicheres Feedback.
  3. Bitte halte Dein Thema aktuell und poste hin und wieder den aktuellen Fortschritt oder einfach nur neue Bilder.

Vielen Dank.
grumbern
Administrator
Motorrad:: Kreidler Mustang (1981, original), Kreidler RS (1974, Café), Kreidler Florett 80 (1982, original), Enfield Bullet 350 (1979, original), XS-650 (1977, Café), Royal Enfield Indian Chief 700 (1959), Royal Enfield Trial (1963, im Aufbau), Royal Enfield Interceptor (1964, im Aufbau)

Re: Sixty 5- Cafe Racer

Beitrag von grumbern »

Yes, see, if you can set the tank a little lower in the back and the seat a little upwards, so it will be flush.
Maybe if you give the subframe a little bend and use lower gauge diametre, it might look more in place.
Andreas

frm34
Motorrad:: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 "Ennie"
CJ 750 SV Gespann "Annemarie"
GS 450 T - Patina-Queen

Beitrag von frm34 »

Hi Andy,

Ralf is right - it is a nice looking bike but the line can be optimized. For me the gas tank looks good but the seat has to be liftet up at the front so the bottom edge of the seat follows the line of the gas tanks bottom edge.
But there will be a gap between seat and Frame - could you lower tha tank and the seat a bit?

I also would agrree with Andreas - electric starter is a critical part at the Enfield and not necessary at all. Maybe you can disassamble and use a side cover of a non-starter-version which looks much better.
Without a starter you also can use a pretty smal battery.

Greetings, Christoph

ILMARINEN

Beitrag von ILMARINEN »

Moin

I can lower the tank only 1 cm. The seat is only temporary, When I bring my welder, i will make a new toolbox and seat alu
I can not remove the starter, I have a sick leg. I can not kick.
I have a tire of 350 rear, what fender width to order?
Thank you very much, for all your advice, this is my first bike after 30 years.

Andy

ILMARINEN

Beitrag von ILMARINEN »

Hi Ralf

I made a new seat bracket, what do you think about it? better?

IMG_20170826_185356_127.jpg
Du musst registriert und eingeloggt sein, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags sehen zu können.

Hux
Motorrad:: 2x LS 650, 1988; SR 500, 1985; Z750 B, 1978; GN 125, 1996

Beitrag von Hux »

Yeah, way better.
You're already sure about the color scheme? Just thinking about the prominent red seam and the rear shocks.
Gallerie: Bikes

ILMARINEN

Beitrag von ILMARINEN »

I would like to add a few more red elements. Oil tubes? Spokes?
What do You think about it?

Hux
Motorrad:: 2x LS 650, 1988; SR 500, 1985; Z750 B, 1978; GN 125, 1996

Beitrag von Hux »

I don't think I'm the right guy to talk to when it comes to colors, to be honest.
But I have a soft spot for british bikes and I don't know if red would be my first choice. It's a fine line between 'classic' and 'boring' but also between 'different' and 'too much'.
At the end of the day it must suit you, nothing else counts, but there is more than british racing green. Bare metal and brass f.e. :mrgreen:

I think the bike looks brilliant almost the way it is right now. To me this is basically what cafe racer is all about.
I could imagine a light brown (nude) leather seat and the shocks chromed, pretty well. Maybe a batterie cover in the same color the seat would be would be cool. Olschool (tweet-style) warped igntion cables as an accent and I would fall in love. But that's just ideas, your bike, your style. :)
Gallerie: Bikes

DustDevil
Motorrad:: Z750e 1982
KTM 990 Superduke
Ducati ST2

Beitrag von DustDevil »

I would leave the colour of the seat as it is and would only apply a black powerder coating to the rear shocks.
More red parts could easily destroy the classic look.

grumbern
Administrator
Motorrad:: Kreidler Mustang (1981, original), Kreidler RS (1974, Café), Kreidler Florett 80 (1982, original), Enfield Bullet 350 (1979, original), XS-650 (1977, Café), Royal Enfield Indian Chief 700 (1959), Royal Enfield Trial (1963, im Aufbau), Royal Enfield Interceptor (1964, im Aufbau)

Beitrag von grumbern »

Why not a red "Royal Enfield" script on the Tank? That's not "too much" and makes sense, too ;)
Andreas

ILMARINEN

Beitrag von ILMARINEN »

Moin

I made a new speedometer, what do you think about?

andy

IMG_20171003_121508_809.jpg
IMG_20171014_170508_413.jpg
Du musst registriert und eingeloggt sein, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags sehen zu können.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Royal Enfield“

Axel Joost Elektronik