forum logo image
caferacer-forum.de - Das Forum für Petrolheads, Garagenschrauber, Ölfinger, Frickelracer und Alteisentreiber

Schwinge verbogen ????

Modifikationen an Rahmen, Tank, Verkleidungen, Höcker, Sitzbank, Fender etc.
Antworten
Vakamen1
Motorrad:: honda cx500

Schwinge verbogen ????

Beitrag von Vakamen1 »

Hello,
I have a problem with my CX 500. The rear wheel do stay upright. The upper end of the wheel is tiled on the left hand side. The distance from the the rear tire axle to the upper end of the shock absorber is as follows (left side 39 cm, right side 40 cm). Does anybody know what can cause this difference/deviation?
Please, check the pictures.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Jakop
Motorrad:: Honda CX 500, Bj. 1979

Re: Schwinge verbogen ????

Beitrag von Jakop »

Hey mate,

I think e.g. a crash can cause this deviation.

Cheers!

Jakop

Revace
Motorrad:: YAMAHA XJ 550 als CR
HONDA VTR1000
XT600 43f

Beitrag von Revace »

firstly loosen all bolts and axles of the swingarm and rear suspension and see if the swingarm axle is hard to get out. Sometimes putting it all neatly back together can solve such problems. If not then I'd suggest dismounting the swingarm to check it for deformation. Before buying a new (used) one, consider that is could also be the frame that is damaged.

also keep in mind that the centerstand must not necessarily make your bike stand entirely horizontally. so when measuring you best compare parts of the frame against the wheel and/or swingarm.

sven1
Motorrad:: BMW R 65 Bj. 6/81 Typ 248
ex(Simson Spatz Bj. 1970)
Suzuki GS550D Bj. 1978 (CR im Aufbau)
Suzuki GS 550 Katana (im Wiederaufbau)
Suzuki GS 550 L Bj. 1981 (Roadster im Aufbau)
Matchless G3LS Bj. 1952 (fragmentiert)

Beitrag von sven1 »

...you can use a spirit level for a horizontal set up of the swingarm, than you can check the vertical diviation of the rear tire.
By proven deformation of the swingarm, also check the mainframe.
I think, the diviation caused by crash or laterally hit (by a car).

greets

Sven

BerndM
Motorrad:: HONDA CX 500 C Bauj. 1980

Beitrag von BerndM »

I do not thrust pictures and insert lines. The CX hooked on the main stand will not place the wheel in a vertical orientation.
In additional the camera may have not been placed in a proper horizontal way.
If you are sure that the swing arm is without play in the front bearing seats there are three indicators to check if the swingarms are
bended. First you measure the distance between shock absorber to wheel rim on both sides. Distance should be almost equal.
Second indicator. Remove the right shock absorber and try to place it again on the locator pins. Should be possible without big forces.
In additional you try to remove, as already described, the wheel axle. Replacing it back in should be possible without using a hammer.

regards
Bernd

Vakamen1
Motorrad:: honda cx500

Beitrag von Vakamen1 »

Hello,
Last night I've check with anglemeter the position of the frame (in front of the front swingarm axle) and the position of the rear axle (where the tire is mounted). As you can see on the pictures the front base of the frame is horizontal, the rear axle has deviation of 1,7 degrees. So can I consider that the swingarm it bent or anything else?

Bild

Bild

f104wart
ehem. Moderator
Motorrad:: CX 500C (PC01), CX 650E "L´abono carrera" im Umbau, CX 500 EML

Beitrag von f104wart »

I don´t understand all the "problems" and all the questions.

If the rear wheel is in another angle then the front wheel, the fork, the frame or the swing arm is buckled.

If you lay down to see the line of the rear and the front wheel, I´m sure you will see, that they are different.

The pictures are showing more then obvious, that the wheel axle is in another angle then the axle of the swing arm. That means, that the swing arm is buckled sure.

If you don´t know, if the bike has had an accident, also check the fork and the frame. But at the pictures ist looks like you only will need another swing arm.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Rahmen | Tank | Höcker | Sitzbank“

Axel Joost Elektronik